We made this card at my last team meeting. It is a different version of the acetate flower card I posted a few days ago. Have you ever had something work the first time and then never again?! The first time I used the Scallop Circle Punch on the overheard projector plastic, it worked perfectly, but when I tried it at my unit meeting it didn't work anymore. Luckily, I had a backup plan just in case. We cut out one of the roses from the beautiful pink ribbon assortment, added some glitter gel in a accent jar, then smooshed the rose into the jar to cover the tips of the rose with the glitter and viola - sparkly rose! That technique was shown on a CTMH video that I posted earlier.
D1476 Card Chatter - Sympathy Stamp Set (1" x 3 1/2" Block)
4 1/4 x 11 White Daisy CS
Sophia Workshop Kit Papers:
2 1/2 x 3 3/4 Striped paper (stripes going short-ways)
2 x 3 3/4 small floral paper
(2) 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 polka dot paper
Chocolate Stamp Pad
4 1/4 Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon
(2) White Brads
Designer Pink Ribbon
Sponge (for brown ink)
All supplies can be found on my website!
Here are the other instructions:
- Use Chocolate Ink and a sponge to add ink to the edges of all the papers
- Glue the background papers to the card toward the top of the card to leave room for the saying at the bottom
- Stamp "Thinking of You" at the bottom using Chocolate Ink
- Add the brown ribbon across the card with tombow adhesive
- Use the Piercing Tool to create holes for the brads
- Add the white brads
- Punch two scallop circles out of the two 2 1/2" polka dot papers
- Place the two scallop circles together and snip (from the outside into the center) every other scallop to create petals. You can do each circle separately, but this saves time.
- Bend each petal up and down to separate them so they are more distinct
- With the green side up of one of the scallop flowers, place a piece of foam tape in the center and add the other flower on top
- Add Liquid Glass to the center of the pink flower
- Cut out a rose from the Pink Ribbon Assortment
- Squeeze some Glitter Gel into an accent jar
- Squish your rose into the Glitter Gel as show in the CTMH video, let dry
- Add Liquid Glass to the center/top of the pink polka dot scalloped flower
- Add the rose on top
- Let dry and done!