Each month I participate in a Stamp of the Month Blog Hop that features the special stamp that is only available that month. Using the links provided, you hop from blog to blog viewing over 50 ideas using that stamp set. If you came here from Wanda Riley's Blog then you are on the right track. If you get lost along the way, you can view the list of Close to My Heart participants here. You will find the next link at the end of this post.
Now onto the set and my card. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this set (can you tell I like it?)! The butterfly is very condusive to SO many techniques and I'm excited about using a very special paper with the sewing form image that you'll see below. Here is what the stamp set looks like:
And here is my card:
D1452 Find Your Style January Stamp of the Month
Baby Pink Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
Black Ink Pad
Bamboo Ink Pad
Black Waxy Flax
White Grosgrain Ribbon 5/8"
An old dress pattern from my mom's sewing table. :o)
All products can be purchased on my website or on your consultant's website.
- The card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", but is cut vertically so the fold is at the top and is tall rather than wide
- I sanded the Baby Pink and Juniper cardstock to give it an antique look
- The dress form and the word "Beautiful" are stamped with black cardstock onto Bamboo cardstock
- I made a tag out of the Bamboo cardstock and added a punched circle to the top to give it an authentic look
- The top edges of the tag are snipped with scissors to make it look more like an actual tag
- I scraped the edges of the tag with Bamboo ink to give it a worn feel
- Yes, the pleated paper IS an old dress pattern (thanks for digging through your sewing drawer Mom!). I torn it slightly shorter than the white cardstock, added adhesive to the cardstock, and pleated the pattern paper and I stuck it to the cardstock
Now hop on over to Jody Gustafson's blog for more amazing ideas! Pin It