Welcome to the December Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This stamp set is a MUST HAVE! It has stamps for every occasion throughout the year! Almost 60 Close to My Heart talented Consultants are participating in the hop this month. You can start here or from any of the other participating blogs and just follow the links at the top and bottom of the posts. Eventually you will make it all the way around and view about 60 ideas using this fabulous stamp set! If you came here from the amazing Maria Meyers' Blog then you are on the right track. If you hit a few bumps in the road then you can always view the ent ire list on Kathleen's blog here.
Here is the Stamp Set:
Here is my project for the month. I made a little Matchbook Candy Holder using one of the mini-scrapbook bases from the Close to My Heart Artiste Cricut Cartridge! These would be great for coworkers, friends, neighbors, your postal worker, Fed-Ex person, etc!
Ingredients: (Many of these items will be retired on 12/31, so don't hesitate to get them now!)
December Stamp of the Month: Year-Round Cheer
Avonlea Workshops on the Go Cardmaking Kit (Paper, Slate Epoxy Bubbles, & Ribbon)
Close to My Heart Cricut "Artiste" Cartridge
Chocolate Ink Pad
Juniper Ink Pad
2" Scallop Circle Punch
- Using a piece of Chocolate cardstock, cut the base of the mini scrapbook that is on page 60 of the CTMH Cricut Artiste Cartridge book at 2 1/4".
- Fold it along the score marks cut by the Cricut blade
- Punch out the holes that are on the outside flap for the ribbon, but you don't need to punch out the others
- Cut a 2 1/8" x 2 1/8" piece of background paper from the Avonlea paper packet and glue to the outside flap as shown
- Using Juniper ink pad and the December Stamp of the Month, stamp the "Tis the Season" stamp onto a piece of Colonial White Cardstock.
- Punch out the image using the Scallop Punch
- Sponge the edges with Chocolate Ink
- Use Foam Tape to adhere it to the front of the treat holder toward the bottom. The front flap will slide under the scalloped circle to hold it all together.
- Use the ribbon from the Avonlea Card Kit to tie a bow through the two holes in the front flap
- Add a Slate Epoxy Bubble from the Avonlea Card Kit to the center of the ornament
- To add the candy to the inside, just run some Tombow Adhesive along the cardstock, fold down the sides of the candy wrapper, and stick the candy to the cardstock.