Sunday, June 17, 2012

Double Flap Card Using CTMH "Perfect Day" and Footloose Papers

Pin It
Here is another version of the stamp of the month blog hop card that we made at my workshop this Saturday.  I was actually really surprised at how versatile this stamp set is when I started to play with it.  The themes can be Father's Day, graduation, encouragement, birthday, thinking of you, etc! 



Supplies:  Order Here
C1499          Perfect Day Stamp Set
G1036          Footloose WOTG Kit
3174            Blending Pen
3505            Watercolor Pencils 
1772            Glue Dots
Z1693          Seaside Wooden Shapes
Z2114          Cocoa Ink Pad
Z1142          Brown Stazon Ink Pad
Z2103          Bamboo Ink Pad

Paper Sizes:
4 1/4 x 11 Cocoa CS
2 1/2 x 4 Bamboo CS
5 1/4 x 7 1/8 B&T Paper 

Instructions:
  • Fold the Cocoa piece in half, then fold the front backwards to create the main card as shown
  • Score the B&T paper at 4" and fold
  • Swipe the Bamboo pad directly over the small pebbled front of the B&T paper to give a more subdued look.
  • Scrape the edges of the Cocoa ink pad around the edges of B&T paper and Bamboo CS
  • Place the B&T paper onto the main body of the Cocoa card so there is about a 1/4" showing around the sides.  Glue down.
  • Place the lighthouse, birds, and saying all on one acrylic block and stamp onto the Bamboo CS with Brown Stazon ink.
  • Use watercolor pencils and blending pen to color. Glue onto the front flap.
  • Place a Glue Dot on the bottom portion of the sand dollar Seaside Wooden Shapes and adhere to the B&T paper as shown so the flap of the B&T paper and easily tuck under it to hold it in place. Make sure the top portion of the underside of the sand dollar is clear so the B&T paper and easily slide in and out when someone wants to open the card.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Pin It

2 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Beautiful piece of artwork. It would be perfect on a mantel.

Jen Rubio said...

Hi Angela!! I just wanted to let you know how much you've inspired me with this beautiful and fun card! I've just designed a similar one for my card classes this month (and you are welcome to visit my blog to see it - JenRubio.blogspot.com). I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for sharing your lovely design! I've linked my card to your blog posting here to give you credit for inspiring me so much! Thanks again! :)