Thursday, January 10, 2013

Whooo's Your Valentine Card

Pin It
I just LOVE this Whooo's Your Valentine National Papercrafting Month special set! I know owls are all-the-craze right now and I am jumping on the bandwagon! The papers that come with this special pack are fabulous, but I wanted to try something a little different so I grabbed my La Belle Vie papers and combined it with the stamp set.  Here is the stamp set and my card:

  • The heart is stamped with Blush ink and the "XOXO" circle is stamped in black ink.
  • For the owl, I stamped him directly on the Colonial White rectangle with Chocolate ink, then rolled the edges of the owl again with the same ink and stamped it on a scratch piece of Colonial White.
  • I sponged the edges of the owl with Black Ink and then used foam tape to add it right on top of the other owl to give it dimension.
  • I cut strips of the paper and then trimmed an end to resemble a banner
  • The Happy Valentine's Day was stamped in black on the bottom of the Colonial White rectangle.
  • The wooden button has Bamboo Waxy Flax threaded through it and adhered with Liquid Glass
  • The eyes are from the Slate Epoxy Bubbles from the Avonlea Cardmaking Kit
All of the products can be found on my website! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Pin It

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is a super cute card!